The Storm That Passion Did Begin

July 28, 2004

Amoretti VIII / Image Hosted by ImageShack.usSent to me by my friend, Sexy Librarian, who is much too smart for her own good, is this poetry mood matcher. Here is my result - I have no comment as to the accuracy or lack thereof of the conclusion drawn by this cyber-robot/database other than to say, "Oh great. A love poem":
Amoretti VIII

More than most fair, full of the living fire,
Kindled above unto the maker near:
No eyes but joys, in which all powers conspire,
That to the world naught else be counted dear.

Through your bright beams doth not the blinded guest,
Shoot out his darts to base affections wound:
But Angels come to lead frail minds to rest
In chaste desires on heavenly beauty bound.

You frame my thoughts and fashion me within,
You stop my tongue, and teach my heart to speak,
You calm the storm that passion did begin,
Strong through your cause, but by your virtue weak.

Dark is the world, where your light shined never;
Well is he born, that may behold you ever.
Edmund Spenser (1552 - 1559)


Let the robot tell you how you feel today.

posted by GreyGuy on 28.7.04 | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for The Storm That Passion Did Begin

Area 52 is powered by Blogspot, layoutstudios.com and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly


Links

Locations of visitors to this page




Credits
  Distributed by:





Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

V4NY