Leadership

June 17, 2004

VOTE QUIMBY! / Image Hosted by ImageShack.usThe federal election looms closer and I find myself growing increasingly cynical. I could only stomach a few minutes of both the French and the English televised leader's debates. It was like watching my sister and me try to out-yell the other when we were children. A political leader should lead through intellect and innovation, not through bluster and lung capacity. I'm not sure I want any of these buffoons near any aspect of my life.

This is what other Canadians had to say on the debates, all pillaged from today's Globe and Mail:

These are our "leaders"? Their comportment in these debates is a frightening spectacle. Talking over each other, answering questions that only they can hear (certainly not the ones I heard posed to them), behaving like children arguing in a park over who is next at bat.
Link
I would like to thank The Globe and Mail for its prescience in running the front-page photo of the historic match between Stephen Harper and Paul Martin in Tuesday night's debate.

Even a cursory glance should reveal that Mr. Harper's overly aggressive play of Rock is beaten by Mr. Martin's bureaucratic Paper.

It warms my heart to see that politicians are finally embracing a higher form of dispute-resolution than the archaic "who talks louder" form of debate to which we have become accustomed.

It would appear that Mr. Martin is going to win hand over fist.
Link
After seeing the debate in English I am left wondering how, out of a population of 30 million, did we Canadians end up with these four?Link
How refreshing it was to be able to watch a leaders' debate undistracted [sic] by even the slightest hint of charisma.
Link
Voter apathy is at an all-time high. I encourage people to vote. I encourage people to consider the issues they deem important before they vote. A confident-sounding leader, like Stephen Harper, does not necessarily make a good leader, as Ontarians have learned with Dalton McGuinty. I am discouraged at the thought of living in a country run by the Conservatives and mini-Dubya, even if it's just a minority government.

posted by GreyGuy on 17.6.04 | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Leadership

Area 52 is powered by Blogspot, layoutstudios.com and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly


Links

Locations of visitors to this page




Credits
  Distributed by:





Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

V4NY