Miscellaneous Gayeties

June 09, 2004

Beer Eye for the Gay Guy
Last night while in the now smoke-free Woody's (yay!) I almost greeted a loud-mouth blonde who looked very familiar. I pondered and pondered. Where do I know him from? Is he a half-forgotten drunken dalliance? Although we all make mistakes, I sincerely hoped not.

One of my friends whose taste in media friendly mediums (media friendly media?) I will never trust again knew exactly who he was when I timidly asked how I knew the stranger. "It's Carson from 'Queer Eye'!" he exclaimed as if I had just accidentally discovered the cure for cancer while simultaneously bringing about world peace and an energy efficient means of instant interstellar travel. Ah. The blonde one. Listening to him talk confirmed that not being blessed with the designer gene as part of my Luscious Cornucopia of Queerness is not the only reason I don't watch that show.

Listen to this music!
Bebel Gilberto;  Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Bebel Gilberto. If Björk did bossanova, this is what it would sound like.

Snobby, Artsy, Pretentious Book F@g
Which Jane Austen heroine are you? (Pillaged from Dim Sum)

Elizabeth Bennet / www.strangegirl.com/austenquiz/;  Image Hosted by ImageShack.usYou are Elizabeth Bennet of Pride & Prejudice! You are intelligent, witty, and tremendously attractive. You have a good head on your shoulders, and oftentimes find yourself the lone beacon of reason in a sea of silliness. You take great pleasure in many things. You are proficient in nearly all of them, though you will never own it. Lest you seem too perfect, you have a tendency toward prejudgement that serves you very ill indeed.

Click on the image to take the quiz.


Very true!

This pleases me muchly, as Pride and Prejudice is my favourite Austen book (I've read each one approximately 15 million billion times, except Persuasion, which I've only read 14 million billion times). Elizabeth Bennet is certainly her most engaging heroine. But does this mean that I will end up with Colin Firth, like in the brilliant BBC miniseries? I simply don't see what other people see in him. I invite someone to enlighten me.

Tightly Wound
I am tightly wound and superficial today. I sincerely hope that I will return to my profound, surly self tomorrow.

posted by GreyGuy on 9.6.04 | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Miscellaneous Gayeties

Area 52 is powered by Blogspot, layoutstudios.com and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly


Links

Locations of visitors to this page




Credits
  Distributed by:





Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

V4NY