Writer's Block

April 07, 2004

Today my creativity is blocked. Perhaps my mind is making up for today what it couldn't control in my body yesterday – thanks to the truly delicious Indian food – so I am unable to come up with anything of interest to write here, in my novel (which continues to receive rave reviews although I haven't even finished it yet), or in the various short stories I am unable to finish these days. Or any other day for that matter.

I like what this cartoonist does when she's blocked. I wish I could do the same and have it be as effective:

Some guy was walking somewhere and he thought something. Then he went into a store.

"Hello," said the shopkeeper.

"Hello," said the man. "I'd like to buy some green pea soup. Is yours good?"

"Our soup is good."

"Good."

The man paid for the soup and left. And then something else happened.


Cartoonists have it easy.

Anybody have any good way for me to unblock myself? I accept all suggestions, even the ones that have nothing to do with actual writing. I may even try the funner ones.

posted by GreyGuy on 7.4.04 | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Writer's Block

Area 52 is powered by Blogspot, layoutstudios.com and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. Learn all about Blogging for Money at Gecko&Fly


Links

Locations of visitors to this page




Credits
  Distributed by:





Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates

V4NY